Become a Volunteer for our Chapter
Become a volunteer
Do you want to help develop the BA profession in Hyderabad?
Are you an enthusiastic BA looking to broaden your horizons? IIBA Hyderabad wants to hear from you! IIBA Hyderabad is the Hyderabad’s only professional association run by BAs for BAs, and we're constantly looking for new ways to evolve, grow and develop the profession.
We're looking for Volunteers with Ideas. If you have an idea of a project which would benefit the BA community in the Hyderabad, and you'd like to find and head-up a team to run with it, we'd love to hear from you. We are looking to progress a select number of ideas, and yours could well be one of them:
As an IIBA 'Volunteer with an idea' you can expect:
- The freedom to progress your idea within agreed boundaries
- Full support from the IIBA Hyderabad board
- Regular (fortnightly or monthly) phone meetings with a sponsoring director
- Marketing of your developed project through the IIBA Hyderabad mailing list to thousands of Hyderabad BAs
- Full credit for your work
- A support network of other volunteers and enthusiastic BAs
If you have an idea that you'd like to run with, please contact us to discuss it. We're only able to run with a limited number of ideas, so please be as specific as possible. We're open to all sorts of ideas, including (but not limited to):
- Ways of engaging BAs who haven't heard of IIBA before
- Ways to develop material (videos, presentations, articles, books) that are of value to the communities
- Ideas for events, whether real-world or virtual
- Methods of promoting recognition of the BA role in organisations and government
So — go ahead, free-wheel, and submit an idea today.
What does a volunteer role entail?
The role requires:
- The ability to work outside of your comfort zone and handle ambiguity!
- A shared interest in establishing the chapter as a networking hub for BAs in the Hyderabad
- Working directly with a sponsoring director and liaising with other board members as required
- 1-2 hours a week over a 3 month trial period
In return, you get the opportunity to broaden your experience whilst widening your network. It's a great way to push yourself out of your comfort zone and try something new!
Can I register to become a volunteer, even if I don't have a specific idea?
Yes, absolutely. If you'd like to be involved with IIBA Hyderabad, but don't yet have a specific project or idea that you'd like to pursue, please still get in touch. We'll add you to our list of potential volunteers and will notify you when volunteering opportunities arise.
How to become a volunteer
Before we can register your interest as a volunteer, we need you to sign a short confidentiality agreement. This is necessary as you might occasionally need to deal with confidential information (e.g. membership data) in your role as a volunteer). Once you have completed the confidentiality agreement, please e-mail a scanned copy to this address.
When e-mailing, please include the following information:
- Your e-mail address
- Your IIBA Membership number
- Industry Sector
- Role (day job)
- Particular area of volunteering interest
- If applicable - a short document proposing a project/initiative that you are particularly interested in pursuing (* this is entirely optional)
Once you have registered, your details will be held on file and we will contact you whenever an opportunity to volunteer arises. If you have a specific project, initiative or area of volunteering that you would like to become involved with, please let us know.
What do our volunteers do?
IIBA Hyderabad is supported wide-ranging team of passionate volunteers who help the chapter to function. Here is a flavour of just some of the activities our volunteers undertake:
- Updating the website, including adding details of upcoming events
- Helping to co-ordinate and execute marketing campaigns
- Proposing, organising and running events across Hyderabad
- Helping with longer-term strategic initiatives
- Helping with knowledge management initiatives
This list is by no means extensive, and we have volunteers helping in a wide range of areas.